Re: [opensuse-packaging] How do I specify a kernel-flavour dependency?
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:09:52 +0200
On 11/18/2009 05:24 PM, Michal Marek wrote:
Dne 16.11.2009 13:10, Dave Plater napsal(a):

I looked at open-vm-tools-spec and it doesn't really answer my question,
it seems to solve the problem with "Requires: vmware-guest-kmp", I was
looking for a non kmp module way.

Please don't invent non kmp ways, such approaches usually break with the
next kernel update.

Michal

It was a problem that arose on the virtual box list with installing the
vbox binary on openSUSE 11.2 where the kernel source and kernel-*-devel
packages weren't installed and I was wondering how one would overcome
it. I was also wondering if the vbox binary couldn't be in the non oss repo.
Regards
Dave P