Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpm fuzz
  • From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 00:34:36 +0100
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 09:29:30AM +0100, Christian wrote:
Hans-Peter Jansen schrieb:
On Tuesday 10 November 2009, 15:19:33 Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:

Well, I guess, Stephan knows very well, what the fuzz is about: it's about
hundreds of patches, which will have to be regenerated, done as an
employment-creation measure for this lazy gang of packagers.
And here comes the the question:
And how do I create a correct patch ?
I used to do "diff -ruN dir-orig dir"

Is that OK ?

Quilt is very convenient, if your %prep phase is simple enough you can
simply use

quilt setup package.spec
cd package-ver
while quilt push; do quilt refresh; done

and voila, you have refreshed patches with fuzz 0.

Alternatively, you might find rediff of diffutils interesting, in this
case as well as in any other time if you're into editing diff files
manually. ;-)

--
Petr "Pasky" Baudis
A lot of people have my books on their bookshelves.