[opensuse-packaging] Spacewalk client packages for openSuse, Mandriva and SLE
  • From: Miroslav Suchý <miroslav@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:06:07 +0100
I have been working for some time, to make Spacewalk [1] packages for openSUSE, and yesterday I finally manage to build 4 basic packages:

rhnlib
yum-rhn-plugin
rhn-client-tools
rhnsd
As side effect I build it for SLE and Mandriva. The repositories are:

openSUSE 11.0
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://xsuchy/openSUSE_11.0

Mandriva 2009.1
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://xsuchy/Mandriva_2009.1

SLE 10
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home://xsuchy/SLE_10

Should I say it is highly experimental and far from production ready? No, you know it. I even did not test it yet! I even have no plans to test Mandriva and SLE version, just openSUSE if I find some time. Packages are not in recent version, some are even git snapshots. It is really very early release.

If you are willing to test it, I will welcome your feedback.

Currently should be possible to register those systems to Spacewalk and install packages from Spacewalk.

If I find some spare time, I will try to build other client packages.

And before you ask, if I can add repository for openSuse 11.1 or SLE11 - no, they do not contain yum, so yum-rhn-plugin could not be build and installed

Miroslav Suchy

[1] http://www.redhat.com/spacewalk/