Re: [opensuse-packaging] Convert existing changelog from .spec file to .changes file
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:45:53 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Adrian Schröter wrote:

Argh, it's the same story over and over again. Why don't we drop the
.changes file in favour of using %changelog in spec?

I agree. What are the benefits of keeping them separate?

in the past the .changes contains the full history, while the .spec file
one got stripped (for size and speed reasons).

Dunno if this is still needed.

I think it is, it's at least very convenient to have the full history
somewhere easily accessible (and to me that means without having to use
special commands to retrieve them). And it's not very nice to bloat the
package meta-info with all that history.

Ciao,
Michael.
< Previous Next >
List Navigation