Re: [opensuse-packaging] poppler maintenance
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:15:36 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2009 18:49:14 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Hi,

I'm a bit worried about the fact that poppler bugs and security issues
get assigned to me. And, hrm, as far as I can tell, I'm not even marked
as maintainer of the package in the build service ;-) (it's Stephan
Binner)

In fact it is Dirk Mueller:

osc maintainer openSUSE:Factory poppler
Following to the development space: X11:common:Factory / poppler
No dedicated persons in package defined, showing the project persons !

bugowner :
dirkmueller

However, Dirk is of course also over loaded, so the rest of the mail stays
true ;) ...

This is probably because, before the opening of factory development, the
GNOME team was marked as maintainer of poppler, which is, I think,
purely historical (it was probably first needed by evince). This could
also be because I'm the one who updated the package lately, but I was
probably just the fastest to do it...

It's quite some work for me since I don't know poppler that well and
there might be other people who know the code better than I do (or as
well as I do). I certainly don't want to leave poppler unmaintained, and
so the situation won't get worse, but having help from other people
would be quite great :-)

So, is there anybody else interested in becoming co-maintainer of
poppler?

Thanks,

Vincent

--