Re: [opensuse-packaging] One step back with devel projects
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:25:34 +0200
Am Montag 05 Oktober 2009 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Am Dienstag, 29. September 2009 14:50:08 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am Dienstag 29 September 2009 schrieb Michal Vyskocil:
On Thursday 24 of September 2009 17:31:11 Stephan Kulow wrote:
Hi,

There is one big problem with the devel projects:
some just don't work as it was hoped they would.

I expressed the problems before, but basically
some projects are just too artificial to create
any kind of group feeling for the group of
packages. Fortunately some jump into the gap,
but I feel we need to discuss some change here.

Some of us talked about the problem briefly and
the idea that formed out of it is basically this:

* We create openSUSE:Factory:Devel as a pool of

Isn't openSUSE: prefix reserved for a distribution? There was some
discussion about openSUSE:Tools naming and this was considered as an
exception (because historical reason).

Yes, but subpackages of openSUSE:Factory should be fine.

I would indeed prefer if we can reserve the openSUSE: namespace to the
final reviewer teams (currently autobuild and the contrib team). Means
only the defined group of people, who do the final review should have
write access there.

So a Devel:openSUSE:Factory would be prefered from my point of view.

I don't care as long as the name is more speaking than hennevogel:TODO

Greetings, Stephan