Re: [opensuse-packaging] New RPM in Factory
  • From: Jean Delvare <jdelvare@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:26:45 +0200
Hi Pavol,

Le vendredi 04 septembre 2009, Pavol Rusnak a écrit :
New RPM 4.7.1 hit Factory and I created a list of interesting changes
from Packagers' point of view. You can read the full post at [1] (and it
will probably grow until 11.2 final is out), but I will also post the
shortened version here too:

* Macro %patch does not behave like %patch0 anymore. Stop using it and
use Patch0: and %patch0 in your .spec files.

What about Source:? Is it still equivalent to Source0:?

* Fuzz tolerance for patches was changed from 2 to zero. All patches
must apply cleanly now.

This is great news :)

* Sub-packages can be declared as “noarch” now. Such .spec file is
incompatible with older RPM but the resulting binary packages are
compatible.

* Section %files now supports multiple file lists. No need to join the
files into one in %install section.

* The new macros %{patches} and %{sources} are available. You can use
them in for loops to iterate over all patches and sources respectively.

[1] http://stick.gk2.sk/blog/2009/09/new-rpm-in-opensuse-factory/

Thanks for the great summary!

--
Jean Delvare