Re: [opensuse-packaging] Rebuilding in OBS
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:02:34 +0200
Am Freitag, 28. August 2009 15:00:28 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le vendredi 28 août 2009, à 14:55 +0200, Adrian Schröter a écrit :
Am Freitag, 28. August 2009 14:27:17 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le jeudi 27 août 2009, à 15:00 +0200, Adrian Schröter a écrit :
What could get avoided is the rebuild when the sources get merged in
linked packages.

That'd be great, but I guess one potential issue is that, at least for
oS:F, the spec file can be tweaked a bit when a request gets accepted.

this would never happen in openSUSE:Factory since there is never a source
link.

Sure, but it happens in all devel projects:

+ Magnus makes a change to gnome-main-menu in G:F
+ gnome-main-menu builds fine
+ a request is created from G:F/gnome-main-menu to oS:F/gnome-main-menu
+ the request is accepted
+ two possibilities:
- the spec file gets tweaked: gnome-main-menu should be rebuilt in
G:F anyway
- the spec file doesn't change compared to what was in G:F: no need
to rebuild

True, in that case there is no choice.

However, I want anyway to get rid of the factory only special hacks. But we
need to make some other stuff happen before.

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter