Re: [opensuse-packaging] URGENT: please review your project.diffs
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:16:51 +0200
Le jeudi 27 août 2009, à 17:05 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
Am Donnerstag 27 August 2009 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am Donnerstag 27 August 2009 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le jeudi 27 août 2009, à 16:31 +0200, Vincent Untz a écrit :
Le jeudi 27 août 2009, à 15:03 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
Take e.g. python-cairo, a prime example ;(

The problem here is that the devel project was changed to
devel:languages:python while it was GNOME:Factory before. And so what
is in G:F never went anywhere...

(will fix it with my next push to oS:F)

Actually, we pushed the update to d:l:p too; so someone from the project
should push it to oS:F, I guess.

Well, there is no maintainer/bugowner for that package - before the
maintainer was gnome-maintainers@ and now it's in the garbage bin d:l:p
and that's a huge problem ;(

BTW: the better alternative for this very package is reverting the change
from
G:F to d:l:p because obviously the people in G:F are those that care for
python-cairo and that's what should define the devel projects.

Opinion from some d:l:p maintainer? That's certainly fine for the GNOME
team; note that we'd probably want to move back a few other
GNOME-related python packages...

Alternatively, if someone gives me maintainership of the relevant
packages in d:l:p, and if this is enough for me receiving hermes mails
for this and me being able to push those packages to oS:F, then I'm fine
with such a solution.

FWIW, a rough list of python packages that we had in G:F (or in which I
was interested for other reasons) is: python-cairo, python-cups,
python-gdata, python-gnome-extras, python-gobject2, python-goocanvas,
python-gstreamer-0_10, python-gtk, python-gtkglext,
python-gtksourceview, python-notify, python-orbit, python-smbc,
python-xdg, python-xlib

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.