Re: [opensuse-packaging] Rebuilding in OBS
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:39:21 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Magnus Boman wrote:

One way out of this dilemma is to have a repository not build against
oS:F/standard/ (that is constantly changing), but only against
oS:F/snapshot/ . The latter changes only at certain sync points (when
the standard/ part has completely rebuilt once). If you do that you risk
a breaking build when submitting to oS:F proper (because up until then you
built against a slightly older version), but you at least can get work
done.

It doesn't really help here since I have to build against GNOME:Factory
and not oS:F as such. Basically all packages in G:F are blocked once G:F
have been submitted to oS:F.

That's why I have said that G:F (or a variant thereof) needs to be based
on oS:F/snapshot/ and you would work against that variant.

So, if there would be a shadow repo of G:F building against ../snapshot/
you could work against that shadow repo, until satisfied, and then submit
to G:F proper (and eventually to oS:F then).

If this doesn't get me banned from OBS, I suspect that we end up
delaying oS:F rebuilds even more... :-)

Well, if that's what it takes to improve the scheduler ... If it works
satisfyingly you could do away with the above work-arounds. But until
then you should use the workaround to get work done IMO.

Ciao,
Michael.