Re: [opensuse-packaging] Rebuilding in OBS
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:33:28 +1000
On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 12:21 +0200, Michael Matz wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Magnus Boman wrote:

For the past months it's been really difficult to contribute to package
updates since I only have time to help out on weekends. This boils down
to commits going in to oS:F, and my pet project (GNOME:Factory) is
basically always blocked waiting for oS:F to build.

One way out of this dilemma is to have a repository not build against
oS:F/standard/ (that is constantly changing), but only against
oS:F/snapshot/ . The latter changes only at certain sync points (when
the standard/ part has completely rebuilt once). If you do that you risk
a breaking build when submitting to oS:F proper (because up until then you
built against a slightly older version), but you at least can get work
done.

It doesn't really help here since I have to build against GNOME:Factory
and not oS:F as such. Basically all packages in G:F are blocked once G:F
have been submitted to oS:F.

So, if there would be a shadow repo of G:F building against ../snapshot/
you could work against that shadow repo, until satisfied, and then submit
to G:F proper (and eventually to oS:F then).

If this doesn't get me banned from OBS, I suspect that we end up
delaying oS:F rebuilds even more... :-)

Cheers,
Magnus