Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packages that need a new maintainer
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:59:06 +0200
2009/8/20 Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Le jeudi 20 août 2009, à 15:39 +0200, Cristian Morales Vega a écrit :
2009/8/20 Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxx>:
libebml      | yes      | needed by mkvtoolnix
libmatroska  | yes      | needed by mkvtoolnix
mkvtoolnix   | yes      | easy to maintain, but I don't use it

Nowadays I don't use it so much, but I know it. I can maintain them...
just, how do you know about new releases? There is no ML, news RSS or
anything similar. I just set the osc overview plugin for mkvtoolnix
from Freshmeat, but there is no info available for the libraries.

I can add the metadata to the database behind osc gnome, if you want.
"osc gnome todo" will let you know when there's an update, and you could
even use "osc gnome update" to do a good part of the update to a new
upstream version.

I didn't test it until now, but looks really good.
The tarballs are at
http://dl.matroska.org/downloads/libmatroska/
http://dl.matroska.org/downloads/libebml/
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/sources/

without odd version numbers are unstable or anything similar, all
versions are good.

How does it exactly looks for new versions? It lists all the contents
of the URL and compares? What if the server doesn't allows to list? It
can parse HTML source for the string?