Notifications (was: Re: [opensuse-packaging] New packages for factory)
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 19:54:36 +0200
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 02:32:04 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On Monday 10 August 2009 16:45:33 Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
I think the minimum 'feedback' we need finally to get working is hermes
acting properly on SR creation / accepting / revoking / declining.

Not having any feedback (good or bad) is unfriendly practice. Of course it
should not be that besides a proper osc rq accept -m "Thanks for this
wonderful package. It has just been accepted to Factory and will appear in
the next sync" you have to do any additional steps.

Unfortunately, the above does not create a mail to the person that
initiated the osc sr create
request.

Agreed. Some get mails, some don't. This is something that needs to be fixed
in the build service asap. Do you get no mails at all or just some are
missing? Because I do not miss any mails (the opposite is true :)

I get commit mails for some projects (Subversion), and not for some
others (devel:languages:python). The "_mypackages" filter in hermes
doesn't work correctly, I guess.

But the largest blocker for me is that I don't get any commit diffs at
all. (Not implemented.)

How can I track the work of others, and review it, and how can they
follow on what I do, without? So far, I have to rely on good commit
messages, or dig out the changes in an elaborate manual process.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development
< Previous Next >