Re: [opensuse-packaging] python modules as noarch
  • From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 08:47:47 +0200
At Sat, 8 Aug 2009 15:42:35 +0200,
Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

Am Samstag, 8. August 2009 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Dear Jan,

Am Montag, 3. August 2009 schrieb Jan Matejek:
Packages keeping their own filelists in spec files will break -
distutils/setuptools will install into purelib directory, but
%py_sitelib macro is pointing into platlib.
Such packages need to be changed - either by using --record-rpm, or if
that is not possible, using the new macros adopted from Fedora.
%python_sitelib points to /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages
%python_sitearch is /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages (same thing as
%py_sitelib, actually).

I've been bitten by this now:

home:frispete:branches:devel:languages:python
home:frispete:branches:KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop

and what I dislike from this fact is that this needs ugly conditionals
for factory.

Much better would have been: add these macros to all distros we care
about, then we could have been using these macros everywhere..

Could somebody give me an hint, how this conditional look like?

%if 0%suse_factory
%endif

Okay, now I do use a construct like this:

%{py_requires}
%if 0%suse_version > 1110
BuildArch: noarch
%define py_sitedir %python_sitelib
%endif

Unfortunately, rpmlint thinks, this is not such a great idea:

python-logilab-common.src:32: W: invalid-suse-version-check 1110
The specfile contains a comparison of %suse_version against a suse release
that does not exist. Please double check.

Anybody with an advice here?

Is the warning still there even if you remove 0 from '%if 0%suse_version...'
line?

Takashi