Re: [opensuse-packaging] python modules as noarch
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 09:35:57 +0200
Dear Jan,

Am Montag, 3. August 2009 schrieb Jan Matejek:

Packages keeping their own filelists in spec files will break -
distutils/setuptools will install into purelib directory, but
%py_sitelib macro is pointing into platlib.
Such packages need to be changed - either by using --record-rpm, or if
that is not possible, using the new macros adopted from Fedora.
%python_sitelib points to /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages
%python_sitearch is /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages (same thing as
%py_sitelib, actually).

I've been bitten by this now:

home:frispete:branches:devel:languages:python
home:frispete:branches:KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop

and what I dislike from this fact is that this needs ugly conditionals for
factory.

Much better would have been: add these macros to all distros we care about,
then we could have been using these macros everywhere..

Could somebody give me an hint, how this conditional look like?

%if 0%suse_factory
%endif

???

Pete