Re: [opensuse-packaging] Using other repos without rebuilding them
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 11:18:33 +0200
Am Freitag, 7. August 2009 11:13:26 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
On Friday 07 August 2009 10:28:36 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Hi,

given that the build system is "under fire" ATM(*), I'm looking for a way
to build - say 11.1 packages, but with Qt from KDE:Qt - without
rebuilding Qt. Sure I can link them, but that would rebuild them, and
would occupy disk space for all those chunky 111 MB qt archives
needlessly.

Don't osc linkpac Qt - use osc aggregatepac.

This feature would union the 11.1 and KDE:Qt packages and give the build
target a new name. Is anything like this available?

I aggregate should work for this AFAIK,

NO, please don't do that.

I just wastes space, creates compatibility problems and make the scheduler
slow.

(I am acutually thinking about to disallow this in opensuse.org one ...)

Please just build against the other repo, as described in my other mail.

bye

--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH