Re: [opensuse-packaging] New packages for factory
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:32:47 +0200
On 7/24/2009 at 11:30, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Fedora just uses bugzilla to request package inclusion in the
distro, maybe we could adapt the workflow:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ReviewGuidelines

I don't see any need for a formal review at this point. Not yet.

What I don't like in this sentence is the 'not yet'. This means we expect it to
come and again we'll be one step behind, not having the proper
process in place when we actually need it.

I'd vote to try to go ahead, prepare the process, get the tools, for when the
requests and submits get to a to high number to be handled on the ML
that we're ready for it and can just do it(tm).

Dominique