Re: [opensuse-packaging] Import of Fedora Packaging Guidelines
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:39:26 +0200
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
So the Fedora rules could be used directly without changes. The only
difference is that Fedora uses "Amusements/Games" RPM group and we
have http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_Package_Conventions/RPM_Groups#2.1._Amusement
Since YaST now does some kind of simplification (and I think
PackageKit GUIs do the same) and only shows a "Games" group I would
argue we should also copy this point from the Fedora guide. There is
no point in having so detailed subgroups when nobody but the "rpm -qi"
user is going to see them.

Hi again!

I discussed the games issue with Ludwig Nussel and we agreed on not
using /usr/games + /usr/share/games anymore. Now there are no
differences, so I imported the Fedora Games Packaging Guidelines into
ours - http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/Games - and we should follow
them! I will probably start to change the packages in games repo soon.
Thanks Cristian for bringing up this issue!

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Community Multiplier Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz http://www.suse.cz