Re: [opensuse-packaging] Another side effect of opening factory
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:17:45 +0200
On 2009-06-22 12:42:28 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Freitag 19 Juni 2009 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le vendredi 19 juin 2009, à 12:15 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
On Thursday 18 June 2009 23:07:04 Vincent Untz wrote:
Is there any reason we put the changelog data in %changelog since
the data is in .changes files?? Can't we just let it happen during
the build and not have this in the spec files in the obs? This
would make them much shorter, which would be a good thing, I think.

No idea. I guess the checkin script would need to be adopted to empty
it.

Where can I find the script? (ie, yes, I'm volunteering for the task)

Add an option --minchangelog to /work/src/bin/tools/prepare_spec and
we'll make sure it will be called that way at checking to factory.

I would suggest the following format

%changelog
* Mon Jun 22 2009 coolo@xxxxxxxxxx
- see gnome-libs.changes

either take $TODAY or the top of .changes.

rudi already agreed on leaving an empty %changelog.
the code is already in prepare_spec but was commented out for the friday
night checkin.

Then let's go ahead with future checkins.

Greetings, Stephan