Re: [opensuse-packaging] automake 1.11 in the queue
  • From: Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:43:25 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:

Le mardi 16 juin 2009, à 11:05 +0200, Richard Guenther a écrit :
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Hi,

Philipp submitted automake 1.11 to go into openSUSE:Factory and as it's
the
nature of automake updates - they break a lot of packages.

On the way fixing your packages you should consider not to re-create
the autogenerated files in you .spec processing as this is generally
considered a bad thing to do. If you have patches to automake/autoconf
related files consider providing patches to the autogenerated parts
as well and use the same automake/autoconf version to generate them
as upstream did.

Well. It would certainly help to have the non-latest versions of
automake in Factory to do this.

True. I have them installed in my home directory exactly for this
purpose ;)

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>