Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to avoid automatic package name conversion in spec?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 09:09:45 +0200
Am Freitag, 24. April 2009 08:57:05 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
Hi,

can anyone point out how to stop the automatic package-name conversion
in spec files for old distros? For example, libjack-devel in
BuildRequires is converted to jack-devel for 10.3. Now we have
multimedia:libs repo to keep the latest version where it creates
libjack0 and libjack-devel packages. Thus this breaks.

For the implicit dependency, we can avoid the name conflict via
Prefer: in prjconf. But, for the explicit name conversion, it doesn't
seem to help.

Just overwrite this substitute again in project config. For example with

Substitute: libjack-devel libjack-devel

bye
adrian

--