Re: [opensuse-packaging] License for a repository?
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:50:48 +0100
On Monday 23 of March 2009, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Dienstag, 17. März 2009 16:42:17 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
Hello,

I would like to add a license to some repositories, similarly like the
main oss repository has (in order to provide some information about the
repository users should know). Looking at the oss repo I found out this
is handled by the license.tar.gz file in the root repo directory, but I
have't managed to find out any details about it. While I can guess the
format for it, I have no idea how to actually add such a file to a
repository in the OBS. Can somebody provide me some information about
this?

You basically need to create a product.

have a look at my slides in the wiki (part of the 1.5 announcement) and
copy the openSUSE-Factory product for your own adaptions.

Assuming you mean http://files.opensuse.org/opensuse/en/b/be/OBS-Imageing.pdf
by that, then I either don't get it or you misunderstood what I want. I just
want to create
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/UNSTABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/license.tar.gz

that will make Yast tell the user that it is a snapshot of an unstable KDE
release and that they should not report problems to Novell bugzilla except
for packaging problems. Or, even simpler, let's say I simply want a README
file in the repo directory - do I really need to play with products, Kiwi and
whatnot, just for that?

And even if, I still don't see how. All the repositories listed in
the 'Examples' slide are for creating e.g. an ISO (which is not a
repository), but they themselves are not a useful repository.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer