Re: [opensuse-packaging] /etc/modprobe.* changes
  • From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:30:50 +0100
At Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:08:54 +0100,
Michal Marek wrote:

Hi,

the new module-init-tools, which will appear in Factory soon, deprecated
/etc/modprobe.conf(.local) and only uses /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf
configuration files (files without the .conf suffix are still read, but
cause a warning). I tried to find and fix packages that install modprobe
config files, but in case I missed some, the fix is simple:
change /etc/modprobe.d/$name to /etc/modprobe.d/50-$name.conf.

These files can be created dynamically by a program or YaST,
e.g. /etc/modprobe.d/sound file.
Which package / program is responsible to rename them in the update
path and how?

thanks,

Takashi