[opensuse-packaging] Fedora packaging Guidelines imported
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:33:08 +0100
Hi all,

I'd like to announce I have imported Fedora Packaging Guidelines [1] to
openSUSE wiki [2]. I excluded following pages:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:FullExceptionList
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SugarActivityGuidelines
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:GCJGuidelines
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Committee
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:OldJPackagePolicy
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:FontsSpecTemplate

Which seemed that they are not important for openSUSE (or are empty in Fedora
wiki like FullExceptionList), but I could add them later, if you missed them.

I also renamed the page titles, unfortunately only them, so links are wrong.
But every page must be reviewed before it should be used, so this is not a big
problem.

I'll start a work on merging the documentation to the Guidelines (volunteers
are welcome :-)). You can just change the content and remove the part which
differs from Fedora, but try to keep changes as smallest as possible to allow
easy merging of changes between Fedora and SUSE. I'm planning to use a git
repository to help track a changes between Fedora and SUSE, but it will be a
lot of manual work (I expect).

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines
[2] http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/Guidelines
[3]