Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpm macro to find the standard package doc
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:53:51 +0100
On Samstag 28 Februar 2009 02:17:55 Vincent Untz wrote:
Hey,

I was wondering... Right now, we do something like:
%doc README AUTHORS ChangeLog NEWS
in all packages.

However, we certainly forget about some of those files and we also
include empty files there (by accident).

Would a macro that helps with this be a good idea? It could work like
this:

+ in %install
%find_package_doc
cat %{name}.package_doc >> %{name}.lst

+ and then %files:
%files -f %{name}.lst

%find_package_doc would look for the common files (README, AUTHORS,
MAINTAINERS, ChangeLog, NEWS, COPYING, COPYING.LIB, TODO, etc.) by
checking their existence and checking they're not empty. And it would
output what it finds in %{name}.package_doc.

It could take additional arguments if people want to check for
additional filenames or ignore some specific files.

Opinion?
That is an very interesting idea. Can you post the Code please?
--
Sincereley yours

Sascha Manns
openSUSE Marketing Team (Weekly News)