Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changelogs need changes?
  • From: anicka@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:13:08 +0100
As a packager, I don't want to include all those details in .changes. As
a reviewer, I need access to those details. (note that they don't have
to be in .changes as long as I have easy access to them)

If you want to do your reviewer's work that well now, you MUST read upstream
changelog anyway.

Why? Because nobody promises you that the maintainer will evaluate any
particular new feature as an important one - he might just list another ten
(maybe even more) important changes and if you read only .changes, you might
miss that one that is interesting for you.

So a standardized path to unmodified upstream changelog would enable you to do
your work more easily - the point is that you should read complete upstream
changelog, not an excerpt produced by someone who could miss some important
change.

Anicka