Re: [opensuse-packaging] Desktop categories: mismatch in brp-desktop and rpmlint
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:29:27 +0100
Am Dienstag 17 Februar 2009 schrieb Vincent Untz:

Us: we can stop tweaking the categories of all desktop files to try to
make them appear at the right place, and just let upstream do it the
right way. It's a real pain right now... Especially since sometimes, you
don't even notice that your .desktop file doesn't even appear
anywhere (happened to me last week, after a package update).
From my experience: upstream does not care how a merged menu looks like. The
xteddy author only checks in fvwm's menu, gnome upstream only checks if a
gnome menu alone looks ok, same for kde upstream. and it doesn't matter to
either of them if they use the categories the same way. Because "System"
doesn't mean the same to everyone. So I think it will create a regression to
the user with little gain for us.

Greetings, Stephan