Re: [opensuse-packaging] ln -s to every $USER
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:58:40 +0100
On Mittwoch 11 Februar 2009 17:39:45 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
Sascha 'saigkill' Manns wrote:
i woul'd like to make "ln-s /path/file" to every Users/home. Has
anyone an Idea?

What is possible usecase for this?
The Backround:
I've created the new BOINC Package (Version 6.4.5). Through execution
init.d/boinc the daemon created the Folder /var/lib/boinc with the *.xml
Files. The daemon runs fine. The GUI too. But the GUI cannot connect to
the daemon. Now i must test, if the file gui_rpc_auth.cfg is present in
the /home/$USER. If not it must be linked from /var/lib/boinc to the
User folder.
Solution 1.) I add this in the init.d Package and let automatic link.
Solution 2.) I let make this on userside.
Problem: Without this ln -s the GUI cannot connect to daemon.
Goal: My goal is to release an user friendly Packet. And all is
automated...

--
Sincereley yours

Sascha Manns