Re: [opensuse-packaging] Please do not bypass the devel projects
  • From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:12:19 +0100
On 2009-02-02T16:09:48, Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I now counted. All sources of SuSE (ever checked into STABLE, since april
1998), multiple same files hardlinked (i.e. especially the tarballs take
up space only once), with all text files uncompressed (i.e. exactly
our usual source package directories) take up 294372148 KB == 280 GB.

A git repo of all that would take up similar amounts of space, perhaps
some few gigs less (because of compressing and delta-packing the text
files). I wouldn't want to have that local ;)

It is obviously complete madness to suggest that there would be a single
repo for everything. ;-)

Regards,
Lars