[opensuse-packaging] PulseAudio plans for suse 11.0
  • From: Wade Berrier <wberrier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:17:47 -0600

I know that PulseAudio is going to be the default sound server for
Gnome. Will it also be for KDE (or better yet, is it going to be a
distribution wide sound server?)

The reason I ask is because it would be great if all packages in the
distro were pre-configured to work against pulseaudio. That way no
matter what desktop environment you're using, sound will just work for
all apps.

Lennart posted a nice guide of how to package apps so they will work
with pulseaudio:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-August/msg01196.html

Wade
< Previous Next >