Re: [opensuse-packaging] [RFC Proposal] Distribution Branding (packages)
  • From: Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:27:23 +0100
On Tue, Feb 26, David Bolt wrote:

I can see that. What I can't see is why there would be any branding in a
shared library. The only reason I could see is that there's an embedded
image included, and that's not a good idea if you're wanting to allow
for re-branding.

Maybe your application is having an animated splash screen,
which is drawn by code and not delivered as image?

I don't know if we still have such applications, but I know in
the past we had.

Thorsten

GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)