Re: [opensuse-packaging] libraries renaming problems
  • From: Dirk Mueller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:27:51 +0100
On Monday 25 February 2008, Richard Guenther wrote:

the name opened - in the most cases this is sth like /usr/lib/libfoo.so).

I dislike this idea, because fileprovides cannot be versioned, so you're
loosing vital dependency information.

For the same reason I don't think that filerequires for base packages are a
good idea. unless you want to rewrite and revalidate all scripts in base to
be compatible to the lowest common dominator. A pointless effort.

Greetings,
Dirk

--
RPMLINT information under http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint