Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE 11.0 - call for package updates
  • From: Klaus Singvogel <kssingvo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:19:27 +0100
Marcus Meissner wrote:
Hi folks (SUSE packagers),

openSUSE 11.0 Beta1 is coming closer and now is a good time
to do version updates for your packages.

The following is a database dump/compare from the freshmeat/sf/gnome/kde
scrapers I run.

Always take the result with grain of salt, upgrade is still at your
discretion.

Ciao, Marcus
[...]

kssingvo cups 1.3.4 1.3.5

Version 1.3.5 was already submitted to STABLE when I received your
mail (2-3 days ago), but the checkin was delayed.

kssingvo html2text 1.3.2a 1.6.1

The first is the still actual version of the C program, the later is
the version of the PHP script. Two different programs with the same
name. Please distinguish here.

kssingvo lynx 2.8.6 2.8.7dev.7

The later is the development tree, similar to the development tree of
the kernel. Due to robustness reasons I think we should not provide
such a version.

kssingvo squid 2.6.STABLE 2.6.STABLE

Very funny. :-(
Still we are at latest version now again. Submitted latest version
yesterday, but checkin isn't done yet.

I think, if you blame on people in the public (!) about being late at
their work, and as a result leaving credits on them, I expect that you
check out your database double, before doing so. Sorry, but it leaves
always a bad taste in my opinion, if you do it in such a denouncing
way. A personal e-mail might should do better in future. Thanks for
understanding.

Regards,
Klaus.
--