Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE 11.0 - call for package updates
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:05:46 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Jan 11 12:01 Andreas Jaeger wrote (shortened):
Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx> writes:
On Jan 10 16:50 Stephan Kulow wrote (shortened):
Am Donnerstag 10 Januar 2008 schrieb Andreas Jaeger:
Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> writes:
openSUSE 11.0 Beta1 is coming closer ...
Beta1? Alpha1 is coming but not beta1 ;-)

beta1 is coming closer too - just slower :)

Wow!
The first very official confession from the management
that there is no such thing as a fixed schedule and that the
time intervals between the releases increase over the time ;-)

You're reading more into this than there is.

It seems you missed my ';-)'.

And I guess you understood Stephan's "slower" as "later"
but I sent a jokey comment about the consequences of "slower"
(i.e. if the speed decreased how fast Beta1 would come
compared to how fast Alpha1 is coming) - or in other words:
What happens if the speed of the coaches in a train differs?

To make it 100% totally clear for all readers:
My comment was of course not meant seriously.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex