Re: [opensuse-packaging] Suggested package updates
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:00:16 +0100
Hi,

On 12/13/2007 at 2:51 PM, Krzysztof Kotlenga <piernik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
BTW:
Which mailing list is best for reporting outdated packages?
Where can I know why some packages are in more than one repo?
Why standard repo is so poor and I have to use gazillion of BS repos?

I assume as 'standard' you mean the repository of the released product? This is
frozen and will never ever move. It is a released product and this repository
is never gonna change.

All updates have to come from either a BS repository or from the
openSUSE-update channel (but even there: there is hardly ever a version
upgrade; only security fixes).

Dominique

--
Sorry for the disclaimer

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77 offices in
60 countries and over 2,500 professionals (2007). TMF is expanding rapidly
throughout the world. Learn more about our unique network and our services and
visit our website at www.tmf-group.com.

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and
solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than
the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail
communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or
duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its
receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.