Re: [opensuse-packaging] Various Packet formats - Linux development
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:24:55 -0300
Benjamin Kramer escribió:

How can we reach this?

looking for the holy grail eh ? ;-)

I see the problem in the various packet formates like rpm, deb...

The package format is only a very small tip of the iceberg...

That would be useful in developing Software only
for one packet system.

You are confusing software development with software distribution.

That can't be so difficult can it?

yes, it is very difficult.

And when we have one packet format, I think bigger Company's like
Adobe will produce their software for Linux.

Nope, software companies will produce their stuff for linux when they
see a market where they can **profit**, regarless the package system.

--
"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." -
Albert Einstein

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH