Re: [opensuse-packaging] -mini packages purpose
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 16:04:29 +0100
Am Freitag 09 November 2007 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Michal Marek wrote:
Cristian Rodriguez wrote:
What is the specific reason for having foobar-mini packages ?

I guess those provides less functionality but for what use cases are
needed or what is the rationale behind them ?

To minimize build dependencies and/or break cycles. They only live
inside autobuild, because they have no use in a running system.

OK, so what is rpmlint-mini doing in
http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3/repo/oss/suse/i586/
in that case?

Providing a rpmlint with minimal dependencies to "minimize build
dependencies". I hope you're not protesting that we upload packages only
interesting inside autobuild to the public.

Greetings, Stephan