Re: [opensuse-packaging] vboxvfs seems to be broken
  • From: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:37:22 +0100
* Andreas Schneider <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2007-11-08 09:40]:

Please test :)

The problem Marcus means is that the vboxvfs modules has missing symbols. I'm
not sure if it works as expected, I haven't had the time to test it yet.

WARNING: "vboxadd_cmc_close"
[/usr/src/packages/BUILD/VirtualBox-1.5.2_OSE/out/linux.amd64/release/bin/additions/src/vboxvfs/obj/debug/vboxvfs.ko]
undefined!

It's probably defined in a nother out-of-tree module that belongs to
Virtualbox. That's quite ok that the build system issues that warning.
Kbuild doesn't know about that symbols, so it complains. At load time,
that symbol is provided by another module which is loaded before, so
that's no problem.

Thanks,
Bernhard