Re: [opensuse-packaging] Macro documentation
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:48:54 +0200
Am Freitag, 11. August 2006 10:07 schrieb Henne Vogelsang:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday, August 10, 2006 at 22:16:31, Mauricio Teixeira (netmask) wrote:
>
> > The question. Those are two simple examples of macros, and tips that
> > would be very nice to have documented on the wiki.
>
> opensuse.org -> Documentation -> Developer Ducomentation -> Package
> Conventions
Does not work for me. It's
opensuse.org -> Documentation -> Development -> Developer Documentation ->
Package Conventions
or
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/SUSE_Package_Conventions

Unfortunately the person who structured the User Documentation that nice
gave up for the Developer Documentation ;-)

However the documente was uploaded in april 2005 and says it's rev. 1.0 from
january 2005. So are we really sure that it's up to date?

> Thats the document that has all the SUSE specific macros explained.
Well, from my own experience: The only true source is
/usr/lib/rpm/suse_macros
Enjoy shell code %-}

Klaas