Re: [opensuse-packaging] Removing 'gtk' [WAS: The return of usr-local-bin]
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:53:05 +0100
> forget about xmms. the bmpx coder promised me that bmpx 0.20 will be a
> stable version and it will be ready for 10.2. :)

Then we better get ready for the flaming when someone's favourite xmms
plugin doesn't work :)

I'm all for going for bmpx, I think we just need to be aware that the
reason xmms is so popular is not that there's nothing else (there's
plenty), it's inertia to some degree and some people aren't going to be
happy.

Assuming we drop xmms in favour of bmpx and we accept the fact that some
people are going to be ticked off by the fact that it's not 100% the
same, could we at least put a symlink for xmms so that the 99% of people
who just use it to play MP3s/OGGs don't notice the difference?
--
James Ogley
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://usr-local-bin.org