Re: [opensuse-packaging] The return of usr-local-bin
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:23:21 +0100
> And there are too many small utilities still using gtk1. I am just

Such as? On my machine, where I did a VERY full 10.1 install (Show
install media > All in this list > Install) I see this:

ogley@riggwelter:~> rpm -q --whatrequires gtk

Now, I can't get gtklp to start (although that may be because I'm on a
different network to my CUPS server at the moment), but based on the
description in rpm -qi it could (maybe should?) be obsoleted by

As for the fact that third party apps might use GTK+ 1.x, could it be
provided without including it on the main install media? Perhaps it
could only reside in supplementary/FACTORY?
James Ogley
Packages for SUSE:
Help end poverty: