[opensuse-packaging] The return of usr-local-bin
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:26:00 +0100
Hi guys,

As people will have noticed I've been the epitome of inactivity on the
packaging front for the last couple of months since my build machine
suffered a catastrophic hardware failure. The good news is that next
week I should commission a replacement machine and be back in
business.

Expect the usual bleeding-edge versions of GNOME apps, including some of
the smaller bits & bobs that just make the desktop a friendlier place to
be (mail-notification anyone?).

The great news of course is that with each successive version of SUSE
this is a smaller and smaller job for me as the GNOME setup keeps
getting better and better.

One thing I can't promise though is a full GNOME 2.14 (or even 2.15)
build - don't know if I'll have the time. That said, the last time I
did a complete set of desktop packages it only took two days so you
never know...

James
--
James Ogley