Re: [opensuse-packaging] kdenetwork3-InstantMessaging vs kopete
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:52:07 +0100
On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 10:21:34PM +0100, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> - - we can't name it kopete either (with a Conflicts:kdenetwork3-InstantMessaging) because end users
> won't see that as an upgrade of kdenetwork3-InstantMessaging

And why can't you communicate this to end users?

> Would it be possible to rename kdenetwork3-InstantMessaging-3.5.0 to kopete-0.11.x ?
> To me, it really doesn't make any sense to call it "kdenetwork3-InstantMessaging", kopete is not
> even tightly bound to a specific KDE release, it just creates issues for community packagers who

Huh? Kopete is part of the official KDE release. If you wanted to change
this this would result in renaming almost all KDE packages to the names of
their individual applications and listing _all_ the individual version numbers
of the single applications in the KDE spec files.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele Tel.: +49-621-181-2214
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker mailto:rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx