Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packager communication + teamwork (was: mplayerplug-in)
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 21:26:09 +0200
Op woensdag 26 oktober 2005 11:37, schreef Pascal Bleser:
> What about everyone maintaining a public repository introducing himself
> here ? - shortly

So far, I seem to be oldest 39 guy of the pack (Robert did not mention his
age)..., married, 2 sons. Working with suse and therefor linux since 1999.
Working for the company that invented unix, C and some other good stuf as a
telecom support engineer. Now what is that company? ;)

> - what repository do you maintain (suser-guru, usr-local-bin, packman,
> suser-gbv, ...)

All ;) more or less. Together with Eberhard I started the apt repository 1088
days ago (at least that's what my counter says). Without kidding my apt
components are suser-rbos and rpmkeys.

For those who don't know, we also came up with the term suser: being a
combination of suse and user.

Together with Marcus Hüwe (suser-tux) I'm working nowadays on getting kolab
(http://www.kolab.org) ported to suse. We have modified postfix and
cyrus-imapd packages available, which we would like to have tested. Does
anyone have an idea how to get this going? Should we start a new thread
about this? For your information suse is not going to include the patches
unfortenately. That would have made things much easier, especially now
suse-10.1 is in alpha stage and some testing could be done, without harming
anyone.

> - what kind of software in your repo (anything, multimedia,
> server stuff, ...)

apt and some misc. packages. There is e.g gramps, some people say that this
is the best genealogy program around. There is Twinkle some people say that
this is the best sip agent for linux.

> - what SUSE versions do you build for
Nowadays only for 10.0 My apt components were present at suse-7.1 and up.
The ones publicly available are from 7.3 and up. And the one in 7.3 is very
special as it is the only suser one :))
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/7.3-i386

> - repo URLs/formats
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt
http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/freshrpms/
http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/
http://apt4rpm.sourceforge.net/

Now with the evolving repomd format, the above urls wil be obsolete in some
years ;)

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless