Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-optimize (123 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-optimize] acpid log file
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:01:23 +0100

Tom Cada wrote:
> I ran into problems starting acpid on my laptop. I traced it down to a log
> file (/var/log/acpid) being over 2 GB in size. When I renamed the log file,
> acpid would start properly.
>
> Does anyone have a solution to this problem, such as a script run by cron, to
> rename the file on a weekly basis or some other such thing?

Sure.

Create a file /etc/logrotate.d/acpid (as root), with the following content:

/var/log/acpid {
missingok
notifempty
compress
dateext
rotate 9
size=+4096k
create 0640 root root
postrotate
/etc/init.d/acpid reload
endscript
}

Make sure logrotate is installed (rpm -q logrotate).

Actually that stuff should be included in the acpid RPM.
Anyone has some 5min to open a bug ?

cheers
- --
_\_v FOSDEM 2006 -- 25+26 February 2006 in Brussels