[opensuse-multimedia] multimedia news
Hello,

I would like to see a bit more multimedia applications working in openSUSE. I just wonder if I will find time to do this myself, given the Marketting team is really busy (and I participate) due to 12.1 being so near.

I have some prefered projects (that I use frequently), for example dvdstyler, openshot and digiKam.

openshot news: (in french - they work hard, 1.4 is to be stable, 2.0 due February will be astonishing)

http://linuxevolution.wordpress.com/2011/09/17/et-si-on-parlait-un-peu-dopenshot-1-4-0-et-de-son-futur/

I was said at the osc that compiling an application in the obs is easier than doing so locally (on one's own computer).

If true I may ask for an obs account. I already compiled digikam 2.1 for 11.4 with stock kde.

I noticed that dvdstyler (pm) do not work in 11.4 (loads, compile, but do not build properly the dvd).

To make this happen, what is better (mean simpler for a non packager nor programmer): compile locally & report bugs, use an obs account? probably better use a packman obs account given the nature of the applications? I was said that Pascal (Bleser) is in search of help.

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net