Re: [opensuse-multimedia] howto make a video clip (music)
On 02/06/2011 11:39 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 05/02/2011 23:55, Dave Plater a écrit :

I bumped into my friend in the supermaket checkout this evening and he
was receptive about the use of Benguela's music :
http://www.benguela.co.za/ he also said that he's got a lot more tracks
at home for me to look through.

:-)

we definitively should have an openSUSE dedicated set of music themes.
do we have on the membership somebody that will do this for free, or
must we pay a reasonable fee for a professional work?

The Jamendo web site is a good starting point because they publish
prices for free (as in not musical society declared) music and musicians.

Using one theme for video illustration on the net is €25, time
unlimited, but for a theme that can be used by anybody. That said, if
necessary, if we find a theme that fits our needs it's always possible
to ask the composer a similar exclusive theme, probably for a fee we
can afford.

It's probably to late to do this for 11.4, but we should do for 12
(and maybe, having a full marketting material may give a reason to use
12 :-)

jdd

As I said we can use benguela's tracks for free with permission when we
were chatting he was complaining about organizations using their music
without permission and for financial gain and how it wasn't worth
chasing after the crooks. I accumulated quite a lot of respect from the
S.A. music community when I ran the Harbour music club so this is a
chance to get something back.
This is totaly free and with full permission.
Dave P