Re: [opensuse-multimedia] Broken dvdwizared on Packman
  • From: "Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas" <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 17:38:24 +0200
On Tuesday 05 October 2010, Felix Miata wrote:
Thanks for that too. I'm trying to convert .ts files from my set top box to
player compatible DVDs. So far no success trying any of the substantial
number of available tools and combinations of tools. The main obstacle with
some so far has been creating chapters. Have you done any of this? If so,
using which tool(s)?

In a similar (but not exactly the same) scenario, my input files are produced
from a Digital TV USB receiver (DVB) and recorded by Kaffeine, which produces
files in MPEG TS (transport stream) format, usually with junk/commercials
before and/or after the show. The first step is to remove all the junk using
dvbcut ( available from Packman, or http://dvbcut.sourceforge.net ) with a
series of start and stop markers (it has also chapters and bookmarks, that I
don't use); dvbcut exports the results in MPEG PS (program stream) files that
can be used as inputs by DVDStyler and other dvdauthor front-ends. I prefer to
export each chapter as a different MPG file in dvbcut, and then import each
chapter in DVDStyler, which arranges and organizes the DVD menus and buttons.

Regards,
Pedro