Re: [opensuse-multimedia] Broken dvdwizared on Packman
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:53:25 -0400
On 2010/10/05 12:35 (GMT+0200) Dave Plater composed:

Felix Miata wrote:
So far no success trying any of the substantial
number of available tools and combinations of tools. The main obstacle with
some so far has been creating chapters. Have you done any of this? If so,
using which tool(s)?

I usually use ffmpeg to prepare files for dvd and then use dvdstyler. In
dvdstyler you have to make sure, in the video files property box that
the do not recode box is ticked if you've already used ffmpeg to convert
the file (-target ntsc-dvd is mostly the only switch needed to convert
with ffmpeg although I use -vf pad= to correct the aspect of some
unusual source video file sizes) it creates the chapters...

Sorry I wasn't specific enough. I need to set logical chapter starts, not
have the app create fixed interval chapter starts. Does dvdstyler provide
that facility? Which is used to cut off surplus at start and end, and
commercials?

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/