ALC850 audio codec (AC'97 Audio Codecs) - SALSA 1.0.5 ??
  • From: "Billy Kotlaroff" <billycomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:00:46 +1000
I have downloaded ALSA 1.0.5 to support my Realtek ALC850 audio codec.

I currently am running 1.0.3 which was installed as part of the
distribution.

Can someone confirm that this will get my audio card working ?

If so, I can only find this in tar format, meaning it must be compiled. I
am having issues deleting current ALSA as it is causing stability issues.
How do I compile ALSA in my situation, or can I obtain an RPM somewhere.

I have also found a driver at:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

However am having issues with this. It compiles but the sound card is still
not being detected.

I just wonder which is the best method for me to get this working.

Welcome to any suggestions.

< Previous Next >
List Navigation
This Thread